Recently the lovely designer Julie Ebersole demonstrated how to make a bokeh background on the Ellen Hutson blog here. She created a video here. I was so enamored with the look that I had to try it as well with the Trinity Stamps succulent banner stamp set. Julie does such a wonderful job explaining how to make the background, that I will only briefly describe it.
- Stamp the succulent banner, and create a mask to place over the image. Place the mask over the image.
- I used Catherine Pooler inks: Tiara, Be Mine & Coral Cabana (but you can use whatever inks you have) with the Trinity Blendability Brushes onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. Make any pattern you want, best is as random as possible.
- Using different circle stamps (or even an adhesive circle), stamp lightly all over with Hero Arts uniform white ink. Overlap circles and use at least 2 sizes. (I also made a panel with vellum as shown below in the photo).
- I splattered gold paint over the entire panel before removing the mask.
- Let dry for several hours or use a heat gun to dry it completely.
- I used some copics (R20 & R30) for the flowers and painted over the succulents with Catherine Pooler ink
Thank you for stopping by- I hope that you will give this method a try!
Affiliate links used at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!